#Providenciales, August 12, 2019 – Turks and Caicos – Effective from Monday, 12 August 2019, the Land Registry will open its Customer Service Centre on the island of Providenciales.
The Land Registry wishes to advise that it will be opening a Customer Service Centre at the AG Chamber’s Lands Division Office, Butterfield Square, Providenciales.
The new Customer Service Centre is a customer service initiative serviced by an experience Land Registry team member. At the Customer Service Centre, customers will be able to do the following:
- Lodge applications for copy Land Registers & Instruments;
- Lodge applications for registration;
- Obtain payment vouchers;
- Make general enquiries about the status of their matters;
- Receive information and documentation related to the Land Registry’s services and procedures.
The implementation of the Customer Service Centre is part of the Land Registry’s overarching mission to strive for continuous improvement in quality, efficiency and meeting the needs of customers.
Customers are being asked to contact the Land Registry in Grand Turk for more information:
ABOUT THE LAND REGISTRY
The Land Registry was established in 1968. It forms part of the Lands Division and is under the auspices of the Attorney Generals Chambers.
The Land Registry is located in Grand Turk and provides facilities for legal land transfer and a central system where details of ownership, title, mortgages and other interests in property are recorded in a public register in accordance with the Registered Land Ordinance.
The main services provided by the Land Registry are:
- The registration of land transactions;
- The arbitration of land and boundary disputes;
- The collection of stamp duty, processing registration and other land transaction fees/charges;
- The custody, maintenance and the updating of the register.