#Providenciales, June 1, 2019 – Turks and Caicos – A list of 40 islanders was published by the Turks and Caicos Islands Integrity Commission, giving notice that these new appointees must submit requisite documents in compliance with TCI law as they newly staff government offices and boards.
“All new first-time TCI Government Board Members, and new Government Employees, who are designated as Specified Persons in Public Life, are invited to attend any ONE of these sessions. Specifically, these invitations are being directed towards the following listed persons, who are Specified Persons in Public Life, as first-time TCI Government Board Members, and new Government Employees.”
June 4, 5, 6 and 7, 2019 have been designated as the days for an orientation for the ‘new comers’ hosted by the Integrity Commission. Grand Turk will have orientation next week Tuesday and Wednesday and on Thursday and Friday, there will be orientations in Providenciales.
No one is listed for any wrong doing; in fact the 40 individuals are appointed or hired with the noble responsibility of now serving the people of the Turks and Caicos Islands.
“The Integrity Commission wishes to inform the public and, in particular, to remind the Specified Persons in Public Life (Declarants), as set out below, that they must file their Declarations of Income, Assets and Liabilities, as required by Section 39 of the TCI Integrity Commission Ordinance, on or before June 30, 2019.”
The list describing who legally are the ‘specified persons in public life’ and the name of those individuals were also shared in the public notice.
· All Specified Persons in Public Life who made their last filing on or before June 30, 2017.
· All persons who are appointed to Statutory Boards, effective April 1, 2019, or thereafter.
· All Specified Persons in Public Life who are appointed, within the TCIG Government, effective April 1, 2019, or thereafter.
· All persons who are no longer sitting members of Statutory Boards, as at March 31, 2019.
· All persons who have resigned their posts, or whose contracts have not been renewed, within the TCIG Government, are required to file within 90 days of the end of their tenure.
· All other persons who are considered Specified Persons in Public Life, but who would not have been aware of their obligation to file, under section 39 the Integrity Commission Ordinance.
The full notice from the Integrity Commission is posted at MagneticMediaTV.com