#Providenciales, February 22, 2019 – His Excellency the Governor, Dr John Freeman, chaired the 5th meeting of the Cabinet on Wednesday, 20 February 2019, at the Old Chief Minister’s building on Grand Turk.
All ministers were present with the exception of the Hon. Minister for Health and the Hon. Minister for Education who sent their apologies in advance.
At this meeting Cabinet:
· Approved the Provisional Warrant for financial year 2019-20 for onward submission to the House of Assembly at its next sitting.
· Approved a request for supplementary funds to be allocated to the Police Department.
· Approved a Supplementary Appropriation Bill No 1 to be presented to the House of Assembly.
· Agreed to seek approval from the UK government to enter into an agreement with the Caribbean Customs Organisation on Mutual Administrative Assistance.
· Approved for the Financial Services Commission to retain specified surplus funds for the construction of a building to house their offices in Grand Turk.
· Approved a request for Invest Turks and Caicos and the Attorney General Chambers to negotiate a development agreement with BELB East Development Ltd. in respect of Beach Enclave.
· Approved a request for the renewal of a lease agreement for the Bottle Creek Clinic for a period of seven months, with the option to renew, subject to funding being available.
· Authorised a review of the Turks & Caicos National Trust Ordinance to include institutional restructuring and strengthening to meet international best practice.
· The Acting Attorney General updated Cabinet on a mutual legal agreement request.
· HE the Governor updated Cabinet on recent public disturbances in Haiti.
· Hon. Minister for Tourism raised concerns over recent fish poaching off Middle Caicos and ongoing attempts to address such infringements.
· The Hon. Premier updated Cabinet on her intention to attend the OCTA Ministerial Conference and the 17th OCT-EU Forum later in the month.
Further information on these matters will be provided by Ministers in due course.
Press Release: Governor’s Office