#Nassau, September 4, 2019 – Bahamas – Bahamas Power and Light Company Ltd. (BPL) continues to work diligently to return all customers in New Providence to service, and to keep them supplied. While the island did not suffer a direct blow from Hurricane Dorian, heavy storm-related wind and rain driven by the “feeder bands” continue to frustrate our recovery efforts on the island. BPL System Control has received more than 150 calls in the past 12 hours.
At present, there are teams responding to area outages or circuit outages either located in or affecting supply in the following areas:
· Gleniston Gardens, Seabreeze Lane, Sandilands Village Road
· Prince Charles Dr. west of Fox Hill Road to Beatrice Drive, including all side streets, College Gardens
· Skyline Heights
· Isabella Court
· Coral Harbour, Orange Hill, Compass Point, Love Beach
· South West Bay Road, South Ocean, Adelaide, NPD Well Fields, Coral Lakes, Coral Harbour,
· Wulff Road (up to Mackey Street)
On Monday September 2, 2019, at around 3:30AM, there was an island-wide outage. Our team was able to restore power to the vast majority of our customers in New Providence over the next 18 hours, however, weather conditions caused the situation to deteriorate once again.
We continue to work diligently to restore power to all customers in a safe and efficient manner.
Thank you and stay safe.