#Providenciales, November 26, 2018 – Turks and Caicos – His Excellency the Governor, Dr John Freeman, chaired the 26th meeting of the Cabinet on Monday, 19 November 2018, at the Hon. Hilly Ewing Building on Providenciales.
All Ministers were present except the Minister of Education, Youth, Culture and Library Services
At this meeting Cabinet:
- Agreed to the “Treatment of All-Inclusive Resorts” paper to advance the Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism (Taxation) (Amnesty) Bill 2018 to the House of Assembly.
- Received a paper presented by the Hon. Premier, as Minister of Finance, on the draft consultancy report on the redevelopment and modernization of South Dock, Providenciales. Cabinet noted the recommendations of the Board of Directors of the TCI Ports Authority in relation to the report;
- Approved the appointment of Mr. Ricardo D. Gardiner as the Opposition’s appointed Member on the Local Government Review and Modernization Committee;
- Approved the draft Home Owner’s Policy which includes incentives to first time and existing homeowners to be implemented with effect from 1 April 2019;
- Approved the appointment of the Commissioner of Labour as the Registrar of Trade Unions in accordance with Section 5 of the Trade Unions Ordinance;
- Agreed to the Jury (Amendment) Bill 2018 for advancement to the House of Assembly.
- Received as up-date from the Hon. Premier on the TCI National Disaster Recovery Task Force on the work of the Task Force;
- Advised His Excellency the Governor to agree to execute the framework agreement on compensations for compulsory acquisition of land by the Government.
- Noted the financial performance of the TCI Statutory Bodies for the period April – June 2018 as reported by the Accountant General in the 1stQuarter Financial Report 2018/19 submitted in accordance with Section 148 (1) of the Public Finance Management Regulations;
- Agreed for Invest TCI and Attorney General’s Chambers to commence negotiations, on a conditional basis, between TCIG and Windward Long Bay Ltd. on the proposed South Bank Resort and Marina Project;
- Approved a draft TCIG Increment Policy paper governing the implementation of increments for the TCI Public Service;
- Received an update from the Premier and the Ministry of Finance on the critical work outstanding with regards to the EU Code of Conduct Group: the COCG’s response to TCIG’s latest correspondence, policy decisions made and the upcoming legislation to be presented to Cabinet;
- Received an update from Her Excellency the Deputy Governor on the visit of the EU Ambassador visit last week.
Further information on these matters will be provided by Ministers in due course.
Press Release: TCIG Press Office