#TurksandCaicosIslands -January 27, 2021 – The Ministry of Health, through the National Public Health Laboratory, tested a record number of samples yesterday 26.1.2021 and also recorded the highest number of positive cases of Covid-19 since beginning of the pandemic.
The National Public Health Laboratory tested a total of 183 samples and 74 were positive.The distribution of the new confirmed cases is as follows:
Grand Turk 9
South Caicos 3
North Caicos 3
This will be reflected in today’s dashboard which will be published later today.The Public Health Team have already commenced aggressive contact tracing activities across the islands in response to this development.
The general public is being reminded to do their part to prevent the further spread of this disease within the TCI.Persons are reminded to stay home and contact the health hotlines if experiencing symptoms or signs of Covid-19; which may include fever, cough, shortness of breath, diarrhea, vomiting, headaches, joint/muscle pain and loss of the sense of smell/taste.
If you have severe symptoms such as difficulty breathing, please call 911 immediately and inform the operator of your symptoms so all necessary precautions can be taken.
Everyone is asked to take the relevant precautions at all times to protect one another and in particular those in the vulnerable groups:
1. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds
2. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not accessible
3. Cover your cough/sneeze with your elbow or a tissue and properly dispose of it
4. Wear face coverings in public
5. Practice social distancing of 6 feet
6. Stay home if you have symptoms of Covid-19 and call the health hotlines on 232 9444 or 333 0911
7. Symptoms of Covid-19 include: cough, headache, shortness of breath, fever, diarrhea, loss of sense of taste or smell
8. Avoid mass gatherings and social gatherings
9. Avoid non-essential travel including local, regional and international travel
10. Cooperate fully with contact tracing teams if you are contacted
11. Comply with quarantine to prevent any further spread of Covid-1912. Do not discriminate against persons suspected of having Covid-19, it can happen to anyone
13. Stay informed-visit the Ministry of Health website for up to date information on https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/.
14. Protect yourself by getting vaccinated. Register online today at https://covidvaccineregistration.gov.tc.