#Providenciales, September 27, 2019 – Turks and Caicos –His Excellency the Governor, Nigel Dakin, chaired the 22nd meeting of the Cabinet on Wednesday 25 September, at the Office of the Premier and Ministry of Finance, Trade and Investment, Durham’s Building, Lighthouse Road Grand Turk.
Ministers for Immigration (acting for the Hon Premier), Education and Tourism were present, in addition to HE the Deputy Governor and the Attorney General. The Hon Premier, Deputy Premier, Minister for Home Affairs and Minister for Health were absent from the country.
At this meeting Cabinet:
· Approved a business licence application from Salty Knots Fishing for permission to operate in a restricted business activity under the Business Licensing (Amendment)(N°3) Regulations 2014.
· Approved amendments to the Prison Ordinance and Regulations and for AG Chambers to proceed with drafting these with the Prison Superintendent.
· Approved Planning Application GT 4878 submitted by the TCI Airport Authority for the construction of a fire house on parcel 10502/6, Grand Turk.
· Approved a proposed lease for the Department of Road Safety for a period of three years, subject to satisfaction that all processes have been met.
· Approved a paper on Volunteer Management policy to guide the treatment of volunteers in emergencies and disasters, renamed the “National Policy Volunteer Management in Emergencies and/or Disasters”.
· Was updated on the progress and actions of the Gap Analysis Steering Committee (Maritime) in preparation of a pending audit by the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) of TCI in order to meet its obligations under International Conventions.
· Noted a recommendation by the Procurement Board for SSP, Special Operations.
· Was informed by HE the Governor on a mechanism agreed with the Premier for delivering the Hurricane Recovery Plan through individual ministries under HE the Deputy Governor’s stewardship.
· Approved the appointment of Mr Paul Harvey (Chair), Mrs Patrease Thomas, Ms Barbara Hamilton, Mr Don-Hue Gardiner, Mr Selvyn Hawkins and the Attorney General or her representative as members of the Turks and Caicos Islander Status Commission and Mrs Sakera Cook as Secretary to the Commission for a period of one year from 30 September 2019.
· Was updated on recruitment in the Public Service, current progress on Capital Projects and preparation of budgets for the next financial year.
Further information on these matters will be provided by Ministers in due course.