#Providenciales, April 6, 2019 – Turks and Caicos – The Integrity Commission wishes to inform the public and, in particular, to remind the Specified Persons in Public Life (Declarants), as set out below, that they must file their Declarations of Income, Assets and Liabilities as required by Section 39 of the Integrity Commission Ordinance on or before June 30, 2019.
These Specified Persons in Public Life include the following:
· All Specified Persons in Public Life who made their last filing on or before June 30, 2017.
· All persons who are appointed to Statutory Boards, effective April 1, 2019, or thereafter.
· All Specified Persons in Public Life who are appointed, within the TCIG Government, effective April 1, 2019, or thereafter.
· All persons who are no longer sitting members of Statutory Board as at March 31, 2019.
· All persons who have resigned their posts, or whose contracts have not been renewed, within the TCIG Government, are required to file within 90 days of the end of their tenure.
· All other persons who are considered Specified Persons in Public Life, but would not have been aware of their obligation to file, under section 39 the Integrity Commission Ordinance.
Declaration Forms are available at the Commission’s offices in Grand Turk and Providenciales or downloadable from the Commission’s website at: www.integritycommission.tc
All Declarants are required to deliver their completed declaration forms, along with the relevant supporting documents, in person, at an office of the Commission.
All Declarations are confidential documents. Please DO NOT submit your completed Declaration form through a third party OR by electronic or surface mail.
Please be reminded that failure, without reasonable cause, to file a Declaration is a criminal offence, punishable with imprisonment for 1 year or a fine of $15,000 or both. In addition, the Commission is obligated to publish the fact of such failure in the Gazette.
The Commission may publish, in the Gazette, the names of those persons who have failed to file by June 30, 2019. In any event that the Commission is unable to contact any Specified Persons in Public Life by direct email or telephone call, the Commission will not be held responsible for any noncompliance with the duty to file.
For further clarification or assistance in completing the Forms, please feel free to call our Compliance Department at the Grand Turk or Providenciales Office at 1-649-338-3336 or visit any of our offices.
Director, TCI Integrity Commission
Press Release: TCI Integrity Commission