Turks and Caicos, March 31, 2017 – Providenciales – The Ministry of Education is very pleased to announce a major improvement to the registration process for Infant 1 (4 years old) and Form 1 students at the Public Primary and Secondary levels for the Academic Year 2017-2018.
As of April 5th, persons wishing to enroll their children in public schools will be able to do so via an online application system. Applications will be accessible via the TCI Government Website at https://www.gov.tc/ministry-of-education-youth-sports-and-library-services/. Parents will be able to complete and submit their child/wards application online.
Additionally, applications will be available at the Department of Education offices’ throughout the country for a short period during the initial stages of the new system. The registration period has also been extended from three days to one month and will commence April 5 to May 5, 2017.
Parents and Guardians are reminded that the following documents are required for entry into all public schools:
- 1 Passport size photo of prospective student
- Birth Certificate of prospective student
- NHIP Card of prospective student
- Immunization/Medical Certificate of prospective student
- Proof of Status in TCI (Parents & Prospective Student/s)
- Passport Photo Page of Parent/Guardian
- Transcripts/Transfer Letter (If applicable)
All of the above documents can be uploaded electronically via the online system.