#Providenciales, March 22, 2019 – Turks and Caicos – “I never said I was banned,” explained Washington Misick by phone when he called into Expressions radio talk show on Wednesday March 20, 2019.
Cutting into a live discussion on the talk show unrelated to the news report carried online informing that Hon. Misick had been banned from the national station; there a firm statement about the events which led to Misick’s no-show on the show.
“I never used those words. What I said and what I can verify is that I was told by Management that they were advised or instructed to defer my appearance on Radio Turks and Caicos’ Expression last Friday morning.”
The newly elected PNP Leader shared that he was advised that his appearance was deferred to another time pending a statement or an address or an appearance by the Premier
Misick strongly intimated that no specific subject was advertised about his appearance.
“I don’t understand why my appearance had to be deferred until she spoke; that is number one. Number two, any statement made or purporting to (have) come from me from Caribbean News, I take no ownership or responsibility for because I don’t know who they are and if they have issues with other people, I don’t want to be a part,” Washington Misick added that, “I do not tell lies and I have no reason to say that I was banned, because that is a very strong word.”
It is unclear the source of the information carried within the story on Caribbean News Now, but it was reported within the article that both Washington Misick (PNP Leader) and Christopher Jarrett (RTC Director) declined comment.
The Opposition Leader informed listeners during that call that he clarified with the Premier that the comment carried online was not from him; that if there was thought he was going to further address the Beaches Resort amnesty, he was not and that he is exploring his options to ensure that as Leader of Opposition he is able to fulfill his constitutional responsibilities.