#TurksandCaicos, April 7, 2018 – Providenciales – Invest Turks and Caicos is looking to fill the following vacancy.
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to: Board of Directors
Location: Invest Turks and Caicos Offices – Providenciales
The Chief Executive Officer is the chief executive of Invest Turks and Caicos and is responsible for the success of the organisation. Together with the Board, the incumbent is expected to lead the implementation of the Turks and Caicos Islands (TCI) Government’s economic development vision, attract significant investments to the various inhabited islands, oversee services for Micro, Small and Medium (MSME) businesses and support expanded sustainable development throughout the entire Turks and Caicos Islands. These investments will be expected to build a successful, sustainable economy and provide improved opportunities for employment and growth. As well, the Chief Executive Officer will be actively engaged through the Agency in supporting trade and small business development.
The Board has delegated responsibility for day to day management operations to the Chief Executive Officer and s/he has the authority to carry out those responsibilities in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Board. The incumbent will ensure that the organisation has motivated staff who produce positive results using international best practices. The position involves overseeing a staff of up to fifteen persons who are predominately highly trained investment professionals. The incumbent is expected to be a systems thinker who is customer-focused and goal-driven.
The Chief Executive is expected to be a strong leader who can develop a cohesive team within the organisation and across TCI to drive new investment to the country.
- To manage the day to day operations of Invest TCI through planning, organising, coordinating, directing and controlling the functions of the Agency. This includes developing and implementing a rolling five-year Strategic Plan, complete with annual marketing plans and budgets; monitoring financial and operational performance; and ensuring that the organisation has a full complement of operating policies and procedures for both internal operations and for dealing with prospective investors and daily
- To facilitate the approval of qualified investment from existing applicants and “shovel ready” projects.
- To ensure the development of an outstanding lead generation system, along with a strong due diligence programme, a market intelligence capacity, investor outreach and network maintenance and enhancement using international best
- To ensure the effective, efficient and economic use of human, financial and physical
- To engage constructively with various government Ministries, other relevant organisations and agencies and the private sector, both locally and internationally to support quality investment projects and to market the
- To generate significant foreign direct investment to the country and to support and encourage domestic investors to participate in the economy.
- To generate significant domestic investment through various small business programmes, including the MSME programme and financial assistance provided to the Centre for Entrepreneurial Development (CED).
- To lead investment promotion and trade missions to various locations and conduct awareness marketing to raise the profile of TCI as an investment destination.
- To develop and install a client relationship management and tracking systems from initial contact to aftercare.
- To develop and manage a programme of legislation review and reform for various developmental programmes that encourage Inward Investment and seek opportunities for expansion and extension of Investment potential though various
- To carry out any other related activities as deemed necessary by the Board as essential to the organisation.
Education and qualifications:
The preferred candidate should have a master’s degree in finance, business administration, economics or related field, from a recognised institution of higher learning and a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience or a combination of education and experience sufficient to meet the requirements of the position of CEO at Invest Turks and Caicos.
Experience and Knowledge:
Minimum of ten (10) or more years of senior management experience at a public or private enterprise/company/agency engaged in investment development and/or promotion/marketing. Clear evidence of strong leadership skills, demonstrated management skills, track record of successful lead generation and marketing along with a proven ability to mentor and grow staff.
- Track record of excellence in current and previous
- Proven skills in investment promotion, strategic planning, project management and execution, especially as related to development projects.
- Understanding of budgetary procedures and operational budget development/ implementation.
- Strong track record of leadership, sales success and investment facilitation.
- Strong track record of staff management and successful programme/project
- Consistently displays integrity and model
- Proven ability to motivate and develop teams/people.
- Strong writing and presentational
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills- innovative, creative and forward thinking
- Adept in use of MS Office, particularly Powerpoint, Excel and Word, and ideally Access or similar database to basic level, internet and
- Fluent English
- Understanding of the social, economic, cultural and historical issues facing the TCI.
- Commitment to travel by air, land and sea.
- Willingness to work outside normal office hours.
Salary and Allowances:
Salary is in the range of $100,000 to $120,000, negotiable based on qualifications and experience. A standard set of benefits and allowances are additional.
Deadline Date for Applications:
The deadline date for applications is April 27th, 2018 Turks and Caicos time.
Interested persons should submit a resume, along with their contact information, cover letter, two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer), copies of educational certificates, a Police Certificate and a copy of the Passport photo page.
Applications can be submitted by courier or delivered directly to Invest Turks and Caicos at Unit 2D, Courtyard Plaza, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands, prior to the deadline. The application should be addressed to The Chairman – Invest Turks and Caicos and envelopes should have the words “Chief Executive Officer” clearly marked on the front.
Alternatively, applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org The subject line in the email should read “Chief Executive Officer”.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.