Bahamas News

NEMA says 600 homes impacted by dump inferno

17274535_10154613222174480_1713706777_n

17274429_10154613225304480_1050238753_nBahamas, March 14, 2017 – Nassau – NEMA, after a walk about in Jubilee Gardens on Saturday says the focus now is on getting residents home and getting them some tangible help.  In a media update, the National Emergency Management Agency director, Stephen Russell said some 600 homes were impacted and the assessment will help to formulate a report where it can be expressed exactly what the residents need.

Social Services, Urban Development, Ministry of Works, Department of Housing and Environmental Health made up that assessment team.  It was said 290 families came seeking help from Social Services; 41 families or 162 people were accommodated at hotels, motels and other places.  So far 19 houses were tested for air quality; results on those homes were described as ‘not alarming.’

#MagneticMediaNews #JubileeGardensfire #Nassaudumpfire #NEMA

To Top